Hail to the Chief...ette?


Caught a little snippet on the news the other day, something about a fanfare for the First Lady.  Naturally, I got curious, I had never heard of such a thing, so I set off to do a little research.

We are all familiar with Hail to the Chief, played by a military band at any number of Presidential events.  It's been around in one form or another since the early 1800's, but something similar for the First Lady whenever she makes an appearance?  Nah, this had to be something new, and it is.

Commissioned by [presumably] Joe and Jill Biden, I found that, yep, this is real.  It's titled First Lady Fanfare, and at the risk being indelicate, I had mixed emotions when I first heard it.  Ok, truth is, my mind immediately conjured up images of the Monty Python crew riding their invisible horses to Camelot.  Can't help it, it's just the way it hit me.  Take a listen and prove me wrong.

Next I thought, what about the Vice President?  Shouldn't Kamala have a little ditty of her own?  Again, my mind went for the irreverent, and latched onto the old surfer classic Wipeout.  You know, the one with that crazy laugh right at the beginning?

Then, of course, why stop there?  What about the Speaker of the House.  Come on, you gotta go with Nancy Pelosi getting it on to Twist and Shout... SHAKE IT UP BABY NOW [hehe]

In case you are unfamiliar with any of the references made here, there are some links for you to follow below.


#firstlady

PS - If you like The Lowdown Dispatch, please share it using the icons below - Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment